Broadus Oil Corporation of Illinois’ beginnings can be traced back to 1955 when L. Paul Broadus, our founder, became a dealer for Cities Service Oil Company in Ottawa, Illinois. In 1963, Paul got the chance to own his own station in Streator, Illinois and he took it. Business was good, and in 1968 Cities Service (now CITGO) offered the commissioned agent business to Paul. Broadus Oil Company was born.
During the 1970s, a great deal of change and growth took place within the company. In 1976 Steve Broadus, Paul’s son, joined the business. Despite two petroleum embargoes, the company endured and grew by migrating away from fuel deliveries on the farms in our neighboring area and expanding into tire stores and lubricant sales. Broadus Oil then went into the retail convenience store business while operating our own fleet of petroleum transports to fuel our growing customer base for the next 30 years.
Today, under the guidance of Steve Broadus, the company has evolved into a complete wholesale fuel distribution company supplying fuel to a growing customer base throughout our market area. Our exposure to all aspects of the petroleum business and distribution channels has allowed us to gain a vast amount of knowledge that we share with our customers, thus ensuring competitive prices and timely deliveries. By leveraging the close relationships we have with our distribution partners and longtime relationships with our suppliers, we differentiate ourselves from other fuel suppliers by helping our customers manage their fuel needs with sound purchasing advice.
We’re dedicated to giving a personal touch to each customer and are committed to creating a long-term, trusted business relationship with all of our customers that is rarely found today. A steadfast commitment to our customers was true in 1955 and is still deeply engrained in our company today.